Saturday, April 15, 2006

Chasing Like Crazy

On 3rd of March, I tendered my resignation from my previous centre due to personal reasons which I’d like to keep to myself. I don’t believe on discussing other people’s faults and misdeeds. I should have stated the real reasons, but nothing good would happen nor would benefit anybody. And I am not perfect. So I left it that way. I was so ready to serve my one month notice. But along the way, as I wrote in my previous posts, I got sick of tonsillitis. That fateful day of 25th, I still went to work even though I was so weak. Since I could not bear it, I told them I’d go home and see my doctor. That Ms. told me why not to shorten my notice of cessation of employment and write a letter before I go to state a request for a shortened notice that would make my last day as the 24th. Imagine that! I was so weak and still she asked me to write a letter. I agreed and immediately wrote a letter. I don’t have anything personal against that Ms., but surely, she lacks management skills.

On the 29th, she SMS me and asked when would I submit my Exit Forms, my IHP card (card for medical consultation), keys, diskettes, CDs and other things. I replied that I would be returning all those items the next day which was the 30th. So there I went and returned all those things. Hey, she even gave me a present. I appreciated that. She told me that HR would send me a letter regarding my salary.

Then, after 7 days I received a call, I could say a rude call from a woman informing that she was calling from the head office and asked when my last day was and my new address. Whoa, I informed that Ms the month before of my new address. And my last day? Were they not liaising with each other? I answered that lady but she got difficulty in spelling. I found it so funny for somebody who is a resident who could not spell Choa Chu Kang nor understand why my address doesn’t have a Block before the number. It is a common knowledge here in Singapore that if a residential building doesn’t have a block, it means it is a condo or private house. She seemed to project that I was bluffing with my address. Why should I do that??? I almost lost my temper for I was on my way to my interview in a so called foreign school near CBD. That was a chance I did not want to spoil of course. So I told her that I got no more time, she could email me or write me at my address.

When I went home and opened my mailbox, I received my DBS transaction details. It was then that I found out that my previous centre credited my month’s salary without deduction. That was the reason why that lady was speaking like that, like crazy. They wanted to chase me for that money they mistakenly credited to my account. Aiyah!!! I am an honest person and that small amount of money would not make me rich either. So I immediately sent HR an email stating that surely I would return the money and asked them how much and how should I do that.

The next Wednesday, 11th April, I received a letter from HR informing me of their acceptance of resignation (sooooo late acknowledgement!!!) and attached was a computation of how much should I pay them back. Since I was working already since the 10th in that so called international school near Newton area, I got no time to mail my cheque to them. And being new in my new school/place of employment, I always place my hand phone in my bag inside my cubby hole. There was no time for me to answer calls. To my disgust, HR kept on calling me which was all missed calls. When I called back, the person who answered didn’t know who the person who wanted to speak to me was. So lousy system!! And what they wanted from me for heaven’s sake!!!

This morning,15th April, I wrote a cheque to pay my previous centre and prepared to mail it. But then I received another call from HR and that lady told me that the amount I should pay should be more than what they stated in the letter they sent me. In short, they made a mistake in computation. That was the reason why last Thursday, I received a total of 5 missed calls from them. They were chasing me like crazy!!! And I could not understand why these people would not double check what they were doing before sending any letter what with detailed computation only to be considered void in the end.

They wrote a letter stating the amount of how much should I pay. Now, they are informing me that the computation was wrong. Ahhhh, can you blame me if I resigned from my post even though I love my children in the centre very much?

Tsk, tsk, tsk. They should not chase me like crazy for surely, I will pay them considering it was their mistake all along.



4 comments:

Flex J! said...

Admitting one's mistake s not their choice perhaps...that's why they act like crazy chasing you. Grabe! They're afraid that their mistake will chase them and finally caught up with them.

Unknown said...

good evening flexj! grabe nga talaga. anyway, i already wrote a cheque for them.

Kiwipinay said...

nakakapang-init naman ng ulo yang mga yan, sister! tumpak nga na nakaalis ka na sa kanila.

belate happy easter din, luchie! :D

Unknown said...

Thanks. hay naku, and buti na lang nga. kaso mo hindi ko pa na imail yung cheque. mag hintay sila.